Application Architect: Internet of Things
About IBM :
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction :
IBM Global Business Services helps clients solve complex business and technical issues. We deliver innovative business consulting, process design, systems integration, application management and design. Our core competencies include deep business process and industry expertise, advanced analytics and research capabilities, comprehensive IT infrastructure knowledge, and proven ability to implement enterprise solutions that deliver bottom-line business value.
Who you are:
- Provide architectural solutions/designs for implementation.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, enterprise architecture assessment for Commerce and fulfilment, roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with the customer's business, operations and technology leadership on the future state and modernization initiatives, advising engineering teams on its benefits and use.
- Lead a work stream or act as an end-to-end architect, simultaneously, being able to handle complex/non-complex components of the engagement.
- You will provide technology direction, project implementation assurance.
- You will contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more engagements and will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions in Omni channel commerce and fulfilment
- Participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You can work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hands-on project experience on the one or more IoT Platforms Azure IoT, AWS IoT, Watson IoT, Thingworx, GE Pedix etc
- Minimum 3 IoT Project profiles which can demonstrate e2e project life cycle experience (proposal to go-live and support)
- Strong experience in Cloud Technologies (Privite/Public/Hybrid),Micro service-based architecture, Kubernetes, Dockers etc
- Proven experience on IoT Devices, Gateway, Edge
- Strong industry experience -Industrial, Automotive or Retail
- Experience in PLC/SCADA/Historian, edge computing, communication protocols, data protocols
- Experience in IoT Security and Device Management
- Proven knowledge of IoT Testing and Project Delivery methodology
- Strong integration experience -SAP-ERP, MES, Assets Management solution.
- Experience on integration patterns (Streaming, Message based, API, etc)
- Experience in data storage choices (Bigdata, Relational, NoSQL)
- Experience on IoT based Analytics -Predicative, Anomaly detection, ML and NLP
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Candidate should have Experience in implement of large-scale IoT solutions
- Should closely work with Project Sponsors and Client Leadership on various projects as an IoT Solution Architect;
- should have a working understanding of Real-life IoT Use case across various industries and a strong understanding of building the technical architecture necessary to support those projects
- Should have experience leading responses to RFI/RFP/RFQs as Solution Architect.
- Should have experience on Sizing of various platform services and be a technical liaison between various business units ( such as Product Architects, Software Pricing, etc)
- Should show proven use of Architecture methodology -such as TOGAF or equivalent
- Badges demonstrating knowledge and experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top