Application Architect: IBM Cloud Microservices
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Multi Cloud Services are focused on supporting clients on their cloud journey across any platform to achieve their business goals. It encompasses Cloud Advisory, Architecture, Cloud Native Development, Application Portfolio Migration, Modernization, and Rationalization as well as Cloud Operations.
- Multi Cloud Services supports all public/private/hybrid Cloud deployments:
- IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud/Red Hat/AWS/ Azure/Google and client private environments.
- Multi Cloud Services has the best Cloud developer architect Complex SI, Sys Ops and delivery talent delivered through our GEO CIC Factory model.
- Create cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
- Assist in creating and executing of migration run books
- Evaluate source cloud (Physical¨ Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
- Bring together and define migration requirements.
- Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
A day in the role will include...
- Managing initiatives for migration and modernization in Multi Cloud environment.
- Bringing your expertise to develop applications and moving them to Cloud platform.
Evaluate product / technologies for Hybrid integration and make implementation decisions.
Define Integration testing approach & technologies.
Experienced in full lifecycle of application development with focus on application integration.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 12+ to 18 years of overall IT experience with 3+ years of relevant experience in IBM Cloud
- Lead definition and realization of architecture for omnichannel systems of engagement.
- Expert in Unix technologies like Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, scripting technologies like Java Script, CSS, integration with backend APIs and Microservices, products / frameworks like IBM MobileFirst
- Expert in Cloud native development and containers. Familiar with Kubernetes / Mesos, Serverless.
- Experienced in solution and delivery of Unix applications
- Proven experience of Designing and building Cloud solution architecture,
- Manage implementation of Cloud solution architecture
- Hands on experience of Microservices, Containerization, Docker Components and Orchestration using Swarm/Kubernetes, Architecting Scalable Commerce Workloads using Microservices
- Hands on experience in App Modernization and API development
- Proven experience in Migrating applications
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top