Application Architect Digital Modernization
Application Architect Digital Modernization The Application Modernization Architect will coordinate lead digital transformation solutions for our clients ensuring that the solution defined in regards to modernization of legacy systems is carried out and executed to completion.
Position is located in Bratislava, Kosice or Banska Bystrica.
What would be your responsibilities?
• Design, implement and lead digital transformation engagements modernizing existing platform to a modernized enterprise architecture.
• Provide guidance on modernization opportunity and restructuring understanding the basics on how legacy applications are constructed.
• Work directly with clients to understand their current state and environment and develop assessment material for decision-making purposes using appropriate frameworks and models.
• Outline the implementation approach highlighting business benefit, value creation, key risks and mitigation strategies.
• Propose high value solution to the client using in-depth understanding of typical structures of business processes and architectures used by the respective industry.
• Coordinate and manage team efforts for the delivery of the project. Relay project status, issues and challenges to the client and IBM representatives.
• Establish deep relationships with existing IBM customers, understand the customers' unique business challenge(s) and opportunities, create a vision and / or solution as well as presenting proposals, contracts and Statement of Work(s) with a unique and compelling business proposition.
• Drive adoption of agile and iterative project approaches.
What do you need for your success?
• Prior development and architecture experience in systems.
• Familiarity with development and testing of applications in Cloud environments.
• Effective leadership and project management skills.
What benefits do we offer?
- Annual performance bonus payment
- Subsidized meal-tickets
- Special IBM discounts
- Diners club - private credit card
- Recommend-a-Friend - get a bonus in the employee referral program
- Salary starting from 2500 EUR gross, depending on relevant experience
and language proficiency
- Flexible working time
- Three additional vacation days
- International environment
- Life Insurance
- Medical sanatorium
- Up to three self-recovery days
- 100% sick leave compensation
- Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
-Classroom based trainings and 5000 e-learning courses
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor's Degree is required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Prior development and architecture experience in legacy systems including Mainframe development and support
Familiarity with development and testing of applications in Cloud environments
Effective leadership and project management skills
Prior experience with COBOL, JCL, Natural, IMS or CMS specifically would be beneficial
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top