Application Architect: Cloud Microservices
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Our IBM and Salesforce strategic partnerships strengthens and delivers new solutions to enterprise customers using IBM Cloud and Watson services with Salesforce Quip and Salesforce Service Cloud Einstein. Together we deliver solutions that bring together the power of AI and enable companies to make smarter decisions, faster than ever before.
Your day in the role will include...
- Architect and design highly scalable, available, secure and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices and cutting edge technologies.
- Works extensively in the area of API, Microservices, Devops as well as integration for Financial Services Clients
- Build resilient and cloud ready solutions based on Micro Services, Multi-tenancy architecture. And won responsibility for the quality of software solutions.
- You will be responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes
- Hands-on development and code review for key features and application.
- Architectural experience throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Microservices, Application level design and architecting for SaaS applications and cloud-based applications. DevOps, open source tech stack, security, scalability, performance tuning
- Responsible for overall architecture and design of the solution delivered by the team.
- Coach developers, testers to deliver the high-quality software. Closely work with and/or Lead a highly skilled engineering team to guide, help implement and deliver solutions on time.
- Partner closely with the product owners, business analyst to align product architecture with business needs.
- Manage diverse requirements, negotiate, and effectively articulate rationale and vision behind technical decisions that support the business.
- Play trusted advisor to the program leadership to bring the right technical skills on the board.
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs.
- Partner with DevOps teams to operationalize the product deliveries
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills for coordinating across teams.
- An aim to learn and master new technologies and techniques
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top