Application Architect: Big Data
As IBM Egypt continues to expand, we will be looking for Big Data Application Architects in the coming months.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. We are hiring
Create. Inspire. Design.
The Big Data Architect Team:
The Big Data Architect team are responsible for building and supporting the big data platform. As an Application Architect in Big Data, your responsibilities include:-
- Develop technical vision, architecture, design and development of big platform components.
- Oversee complete Hadoop administration using Ambari Management console.
- Spearhead installation and initial configuration of Hadoop including minor & major upgrades of Hadoop Eco System
- Managing & running jobs, scheduling Hadoop jobs, configuring the Schedule
- Rebalancing the Cluster, Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Hadoop cluster job performance & capacity monitoring & future planning,
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity, security and Alerts
- Setup, configure and manage security for Hadoop clusters (Ranger Plugins, Ranger ACLs, Hadoop ACLs)
- Performing Scheduled and Adhoc Snapshots, Backup and recovery for Hadoop Cluster
- Log Analysis for Service Check failures and Job Failures.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To ensure success in the role you will possess the following skills -
- At least 5 years of Hadoop Platform Deployment & Administration experience (Hortonworks Distribution)
- 3 years of big data platform performance tuning and testing of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Familiar with installation and configuration of Hadoop components (Hortonworks Distribution)
- Solid skills in Unix/Linux Administration
- Good knowledge with infrastructure, network, hardware and software
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top