Application Architect: AWS Cloud Migration
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of best-in-class Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
The Multi-cloud approach can make costing and allocation even more challenging because the servers are in a different organization's data center and methods of charging and billing can differ among communication service providers. Are you ready to simplify multi-cloud management? Join us to understand how the multi-cloud world is changing the face of IT.
A day in the role will include...
- Managing initiatives for migration and modernization in AWS cloud environment.
- Bringing your expertise to manage applications to AWS Cloud demonstrating PaaS Services, EC2 Services and ECS.
- You as a modernization professional, you will have experience to migrate legacies to Cloud platforms, move from one programming language to the other
Help in Legacy Modernization Solution Design and delivery through following:
- Leads and builds Modernization architecture solution from legacy platform (mainframe, iSeries, Solaris, VAX/VMS) into modern platform (Cloud on-prem/off-prem) through modular design by understanding application component as System of Engagement (SOE), System of Insight (SOI), System of Integration (SOI), System of Records (SOR).
- SME and highly experienced in identifying application module based SOE, SOI, SOR and lead modernization design as continuous modernization, modular modernization.
- Leads the team to design Modernization strategy and identify the need for API, Containerization, Microservices creation vs. language conversion, Database conversion.
- Leads the team to adopt continuous modernization instead of Big bang approach.
- Leads and SME in Modernization methodology and can lead the Design thinking workshop, method tailoring as Client environment and Client industry.
- SME by providing significant contribution to Modernization on Technical elements of WBS, estimation, Modernization risk, dependencies, Minimum viable product (MVP).
- SME on at least two modernization assessment and execution tools.
- Deep knowledge on AWS platform product & services and you should have the capability to map client platform and application deployment requirement into AWS platform specific services, configuration and align solution to AWS well architected framework and standard methodologies.
- Good knowledge on AWS ECS, AWS ECR, AWS EKS, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda function, AWS Elastic Cache, AWS S3, AWS API Gateway, AWS CloudWatch and AWS SNS, AWS RDS and AWS DynamoDB. Foundation knowledge on AWS DevOps Services and database (RDBMS & NoSql) solutions (runs on VM's).
- Architects with 10+ - 15 years of experience on Modernization applications and led Architecture initiatives on AWS Modernization
- Managed and implemented at least 5 engagement modernizing client applications to AWS Cloud and on WebSphere and Java/J2EE or .NET
- Experience on using DevOps tools during Modernization
- Complete in-depth experience and knowledge of AWS as a product and it's components
- AWS certification would be preferred
- Cloud professional with exclusive Application modernization experience across any of the cloud platforms like OpenShift or Openstack and AWS
- Use of tools like Ansible, Jenkins etc
- Consulting mindset and should be able to advice customers on their cloud journey with detailed strategies and roadmap
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Telecom domain experience is an added plus
- With all the above said, we wish you excellent success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top