Application Architect, Automation (Cognitive)
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to discover new technologies and expand your skills. Do you want to be part of a highly talented team working with new and emerging technologies new business models that improve people's lives?
As our customer's needs grow and change, IBM is committed to developing a workforce that can grow and change accordingly. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, flexible team members who will embrace the opportunity, take ownership and want to be at the forefront of driving change in a working environment that enables smarter, collaborative, fact-based decisions, improves productivity and efficiency, and drives results while working in a dynamic team environment.
IBM Global Business Services is looking for an Application Architect, Automation (Cognitive) to join our innovative team.
Role description :
You will engage with clients and Automation Project Managers to translate Automation use cases into a Cognitive Automation solution that can optimize the service delivery. You will understand Cognitive Automation, specifically Functional and Non Functional requirements to provide technical solutions and to own deliverables from a technical perspective. You may need to work with RPA Architects to provide an end to end solution. You will require an expert level in Watson API, IBM assets (ex: iCurate, iAssist, Golden Bridge) to provide and recommend operational aspects and define technical solutions.
- Design enterprise automation solutions and cognitive platforms for the client's enterprise;
- Create end-to-end automation solutions utilizing all of IBM's capabilities in Cognitive, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation (RPA);
- Support sales pursuits by providing technical leadership;
- Translate winning proposals into referenceable client project delivery - leading medium to large project teams with responsibility for overall successful delivery;
- Build and grow client relationships through delivery excellence;
- Build internal and external eminence in enterprise automation;
- Contribute to thought leadership and point of view materials in enterprise automation;
- Inspire and mentor technical team members.
- In-depth knowledge in business process mapping, rules-based engines and digital process automation;
- In-depth domain expertise in at least one of the following industries: Banking, Insurance, Retail, Consumer Products, Telecommunication, Healthcare, Pharma, Energy, or Utilities;
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international) for up to 4 days a week;
- Demonstrated experience of working in global teams;
- Fluency in English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 15 years of experience in information technology and business consulting;
- 10 years of experience in application design, development and management;
- 5 years of experience in architecting enterprise solutions;
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical leadership to large-scale application design and development projects;
- 3 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFP);
- 3 years of experience in architecting cloud-based solutions;
- 3 years of experience in creating and leveraging AI techniques, such as machine learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), knowledge induction, machine reasoning, etc;
- 3 years of experience in architecting Robotic Process Automation (RPA) implementations with in-depth expertise in any one of the leading RPA platforms;
- 3 years of experience in leading and managing high-performing consulting teams.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 3 years of experience in architecting any ERP/package implementation;
- 2 years of experience in designing solutions using IBM Watson APIs;
- 2 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, operation automation, etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of service management/ITIL;
- In-depth domain expertise in at least one of the following process areas: Finance and Accounting (F&A), Sales Order Processing, Procurement, Inventory Management, Human Resource (HR), Sales & Marketing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM) or Engineering/Production.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top