IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
This position is looking for an Application Architect to join a leading edge software development project to enhance a Cloud Management Platform that will integrate with top tier Cloud Service Providers. The Application Architect will lead the technical effort for the enhancement and development of the Cloud Management Platform. The Application Architect will work closely with the Project Executive and Project Manager. The Application Architect will be responsible for the technical outcome, and will coach and mentor the other members.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years in a lead design or architectural capacity
- 5+ years of leading technical teams of at least 5 resources
- Develops or selects, and maintains the architectural standards, methods, and models
- Sets technical approach that aligns with business goals, while maintaining and improving security
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems
- Experience integrating with BPM and workflow products Experience integrating with ITSM products such as ServiceNow or Remedy Experience integrating with IAM and Active Directory Experience developing using an Agile methodology
- Experience with writing code to view, insert, update, and delete records to/from databases (relational or NoSQL databases)
- Experience with multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Experience using Cloud Service Provider API's to provision Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Cloud provisioning templates using JSON or YAML Experience with Agile development practices
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top