Appl Integration & Middleware Solutions Specialist
Are you an application professional and have work experience in IT area?
Do you want to develop new skills, work with large scale, enterprise solutions and newest technologies managing servers of world-known companies?
In our company you will cooperate with IT specialists from Poland and other countries, improve your IT knowledge, language and communication skills. You will work in a place filled with a good atmosphere, in a beautiful city full of attractions and cheerful people. You will have an opportunity to work from the IBM office and remotely from home. Come and work with us. Apply now for this position!
Your Role and Responsibilities
What do we do?
We work in a large, heterogeneous environment comprised of more than 120 applications. We support development, test and production environments, take part in environment migrations (starting from modifications forced by updates of operating systems, ending on modifications forced by updates of applications).
Our team participates in designing and introducing complex business solutions related to applications and client's domain.
Internal and external trainings allow us to discover and understand how applications function in such a complex environment.
Our team members are involved in working with a variety of technologies.
We work with JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Datastage, Websphere, SharePoint, IIS, Corporate Planner, Open Text, scripting in Bash, Perl or PowerShell, customer's applications, ...
As we form a bigger department with colleagues from UNIX and UC4/TWS sub-teams, we constantly cooperate with them - sharing knowledge and supporting each other during projects or resolution of problems.
- solving problems related to web applications, dedicated client's applications and solutions
- installing and preparing new application environments
- modifying existing application environments, introducing improvements
- participation in projects from application area
- strong cooperation with developers, architects and teams involved in support of the same environment
- creating documentation of the supported environment
- taking part in technical solutions' designing process
- making analysis of the existing environment and working on improvements
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- RedHat Linux (knowledge related to application management, not to Linux platform support) - Advanced level
- Web application server technologies (JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Websphere, IIS) - Advanced level
- Scripting skills - Bash, Perl - Advanced level
- Good communication skills
- English: Intermediate
- German: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Scripting skills - PHP - Advanced level
- Knowledge of databases (Oracle, MySQL) - Basic level
- Cognos skills - Basic level
- Microsoft Windows - Basic/Intermediate level (knowledge related to application management, not to Windows platform support)
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top