AP Security Managing Consultant - SSRC
The Managing Consultants in the Asia Pacific Security Services practice should be advisors and pragmatic management consultants that can speak to the security landscape with senior and C-Level members of a client management or executive teams. The Senior Managing Consultants should have depth of knowledge and experience in one of the core security domains (Security Strategy Risk and Compliance; IAM; SOC Operations; Application and Data; Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security) but should be able to speak to the breadth of the Information Security/ Cyber Security or/ and Technology Risk landscape as well.
The Managing Consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of workshops, and consulting engagements, which assess a client's security capabilities, which could be in the policy, process, technology or organizational areas, identify gaps and recommend cost effective best practices to reduce client risk and increase their handle on security risk.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
• Strong written skills
• Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
• Ability to lead and shape client expectations
• Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
• Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
• Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Skills
• Depth of knowledge in one or more of the core security domains: S ecurity Strategy, Risk and Compliance (SSRC)
• An understand of contemporary and legacy security technologies used within a particular domain (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Firewalls, SIEM)
• Understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT) and Regulatory requirements.
The successful Managing Consultant will be internal advisor to other IBM consultants and client teams. The Managing Consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then organizing the delivery of security consulting services with local teams.
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience working with Security practitioners
- Experience in Security Strategy, Risk and Compliance (SSRC) is a MUST
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 years experience in architectural level design in a particular security domain - Security Strategy, Risk and Compliance (SSRC)
- At least 6 years experience in working in a professional services firm focused on systems integration projects
- At least 6 years experience in working in projects related to the core domain (SSRC)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 6 years experience in professional services focused on systems integration
- At least 6 years experience in working within a particular security domain (SSRC)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top