AP Project Lead
The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Purpose of the job:
The Accounts Payable project team is designed to define and deliver solutions for complex problems, issues highlighted within and outside of the APC in order to improve or deploy processes, systems, communication and controls. Project team is also responsible for the deployments of new IBM companies into the Accounts Payable systems and the integrations into existing companies.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Accept and initiate the project
- Prepare the project plan and keep it up to date
- Develop potential solutions
- Recommend process/systems changes etc., as necessary
- Ensure all departments, countries etc. are fully involved.
- Work closely together with involved parties (operation teams, management, business control, system development teams, Procurement, country contacts, etc.)
- Attend conference calls and provide input where required
- Provide milestones, identify dependencies for management
- Obtain the correct approvals and sign offs where applicable
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared/updated
- Ensure education is carried out where necessary
- Record the time spent on different projects
- Monitor the post implementation phase and work with the teams to address and resolve any issues
- Officially close projects, tasks
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Fluent English skills
- Reliable, precise, efficient, well organized
- Flexible in work schedules
- Thorough, persistent, initiative, consistent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in team (assist others in other teams to meet deadlines).
- Time Management skills
- Project management skills
- Understanding of Accounts Payable processes
- Technical skills (SQL, system knowledge)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top