Anti-Money Laundering Team Lead
- Denver, CO
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Team Leads are responsible for monitoring and supervising the daily work of Analysts responsible for conducting investigative compliance reviews, helping drive the operational performance of Promontory engagements to successful completion.
- Supervise and drive teams of analysts to meet or exceed quality and production goals.
- Ensure timely completion of projects and goals in accordance with engagement and client requirements.
- Works closely with Analysts to identify the needs for training, performance gaps, project process improvement and provide recommendations to management.
- Audits and monitors Analysts' work to ensure the quality and efficiency. Conduct quality control of the AML team as needed.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback to Analysts to drive production and quality goal achievement.
- Complete AML Alert reviews, Investigations, or SAR preparation as needed within the scope of the project.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance personnel to ensure clear communication regarding analyst or subject matter issues.
- Monitor and approve assigned team's attendance and timesheets.
- Organize and review production and quality data via Excel or other Microsoft Office products in order to monitor project progress; manage problems; publish progress reports; and/or recommend actions. Present accurate and professional reporting to management and clients as required including graphs, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinate with other PRR team members in the development of policy and procedure documents.
- Assist management and HR with employee career development through identification of qualified internal candidates.
- Coordinate with management and HR when necessary to manage team member performance, disciplinary and/or personnel issues.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a compliance-related functions within financial services.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in a production environment, including the supervision of a team of up to 10 staff members, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of AML subject matter, basics of Alert and Investigation review, and basics of SAR preparation including the ability to understand and apply relevant regulations implemented by BSA/AML.
- Ability to supervise a team effectively and efficiently and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to coach, mentor and guide team members.
- Ability to work independently; take initiative; and adapt to change.
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, high intensity, high demand and deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top