Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
- Denver, CO
As a Promontory Anti-Money Laundering Analyst you'll be a trusted business advisor. You'll have the opportunity to position IBM for long-term financial growth delivering analysis, and providing insight and innovation into the business. You'll be redefining how we manage our organization and how we work while achieving budgeted targets and ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Promontory Anti-Money Laundering Analyst you'll be a trusted business advisor. You'll have the opportunity to position IBM for long-term financial growth delivering analysis and providing insight and innovation into the business. You'll be redefining how we manage our organization and how we work while achieving budgeted targets and ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product.
Promontory seeks compliance analysts for multiple client engagements. These are AML/KYC-focused projects that require analysts at a variety of skill-levels. Whether you're just beginning your career in compliance or you have previous exposure, we're interested in discussing further. These positions are located in Denver, CO and an individual must be local or willing to relocate for consideration.
Analysts engage in compliance review and risk assessment projects to serve Promontory clients within the financial industry. You will be expected to positively contribute to Promontory's success in a variety of areas related to today's heightened regulatory climate.
Promontory projects are analyst-driven and require individuals with a strong work ethic, excellent research abilities, and superior critical thinking skills. Analysts must be able to write clearly and concisely. The ability to produce an error-free work product is essential for success. The nature of this project-based work requires individuals to be flexible, quickly learn new skills, and meet uncompromising quality requirements and production expectations while working closely with others in a team environment.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must:
- Apply logic and reasoning skills to conduct research for case analysis.
- Use sound decision-making skills to make recommendations based on research results.
- Compose comprehensive supporting investigative narratives
- Interpret and apply project policies and procedures to direct work.
- Maintain high work product quality as outlined by each project specifications.
- Quickly learn new applications and client systems to conduct research.
- Manage work flow in a way that is efficient and contributes to the meeting of production goals.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field OR equivalent work experience
- The ability to work independently, take initiative and adapt to change
- Able to readily understand regulatory compliance, financial concepts and issues, exercise sound judgement with the highest degree of confidence.
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate competency with all MS Office products
- Exemplary customer service skills with internal and external parties
- The ability to work independently; take initiative; and able to adapt to change.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- JD a strong plus
- At least 1-year compliance experience at a financial institution strongly preferred
- Exceptional research, processing and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data, decipher higher risk attributes (transitional, geographical, product, customer type, tec.) and disposition appropriately.
- Prior experience with a variety of computer database and testing systems
- Quick learner that will be able to readily understand regulatory compliance, financial concepts and issues, exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top