Ansible Automation Developer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for candidates for Ansible Automation Developer role to join our Cloud team.
As Ansible Automation Developer you'll be responsible for:
- Automation of business processes and software deployment/configuration through a variety of frameworks, development languages and tools (primarily ruby, python, java script, bash, etc., but Chef their associated DSLs/programming languages can be considered).
- Contribute and provide input and/or direction for the overall development processes and development operations (DevOps), throughout system/software development lifecycle.
- Development and implementation of the automation and services developed in various cloud platforms (both public and private) and service models
- Trainings and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer camps for children
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
At least 3 years hands-on experience with Linux family:
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- At least 1 year of experience building container-based solutions using one of following tools: Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm.
- Hands-on experience with Linux KVM (libvirt, libguestfs, virsh, qemu, qemu-img, virtio) or equivalent experience using Xen, Oracle VM.
Ansible - Technical Experience with:
- Install Ansible/ Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and adhoc commands
- Write effective Ansible playbooks at scale
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles
- Configure Ansible managed nodes
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Understanding core components of Ansible
- Automation Development - Any kind of automation development in SDLC to bring effectiveness.
- Preferably using Ruby, Python, bash, etc. which can return JSON for Ansible.
- Working knowledge of software repositories like github or bitbucket
- Cloud - Knowledge on OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, Google Cloud etc., will be further helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with various cloud service and deployment models (ie: IaaS, PaaS, XaaS, on-premise, off-premise, etc.)
- Sysadmin background (with both implementation and support experience in terms of
- infrastructure, servers, OSes, middleware and databases)
- Understanding of several middleware such as Oracle, SAP, DB2, MySql, Apache, IIS, etc.,
- Solid background with operating systems deployment and administration (various Linux/Unix flavours-RHEL/SLES, AIX as well as Windows Servers)
- Understanding of cloud service models - IaaS/PaaS/Saas - considered a plus
- Experience with Chef
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top