Analytics and Integration Software Developer
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer in the Network Engineering Analytics squad you will be creating solutions driven by our client consumers of all IBM network related data. You will be using Network Engineering's strategic Data Lake to transform and process raw data into actionable business-related consumable information. This data will drive business network decisions as well as used in dashboards analyzing network activity in worldwide operations centers. You will work with a team of analytic developers using the leading edge technology for Data Lakes software and hardware located in strategic geographic locations around the globe.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-3 years experience implementing business intelligence solutions to derive value out of multiple aggregated high volume data sources
- Significant experience in building and supporting integration components for development pipelines
- Practical experience using agile methods and processes
- Practical experience using CI/CD using automated tools and software repositories
- 1+ years experience in Apache Spark, Jupyter Notebooks, Python, SQL
- Practical experience with Linux OS, shell and script programming
- Practical experience in Data Processing against large datasets of structured and unstructured data
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Network architecture, principles, device log formats
- Experience with Cloudera Analytics Platform
- Experience with Streamsets, Scala, MongoDB, Kafka
- Experience building ETL solutions Using Machine Learning to find anomalies and new data patterns in source data
- Knowledge of Operating System , A pplication and Middleware vulnerability detection and r emediation
- Knowledge of Relational Database methodologies
- Experience with Container orchestration and Docker
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top