Analyst Relations Manager-Industry Platforms, Consumer/Retail and TME
IBM's Industry Platforms division is where the breadth of IBM's technologies and offerings come together with a vertical focus to drive innovative and impactful market solutions.
IBM is looking to hire an Analyst Relations Manager in one of our New York offices. This person will join our team of AR professionals as we build relationships with key influencers to help IBM further its lead in its core industries. This role will give the candidate exposure across IBM's breadth of technologies including Cloud, Analytics, Systems, Blockchain, Watson AI, IoT and Security. The Analyst Relations Manager will have responsibilities across the Consumer/Retail and TME (Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment) sectors. This person will play a critical, cross-functional role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization across product management, engineering, communications, sales and marketing teams. You will interact with colleagues across IBM's global offices to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms and influencers to help elevate IBM's story and customer success.
The Analyst Relations Manager should have a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This role requires the ability to work on multiple fast paced projects at the same time, strong analytical skills, and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the IT or related industries. This candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on IBM competitive strengths and differentiators.
The pace is fast, but the rewards are great.
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted Analyst Relations plan for IBM's Industry Platform businesses; educate the most influential industry analysts who work with existing or prospective IBM customers. Embed with the business unit to influence strategy and sales and improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
- Influence analyst research on IBM, its competitors and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of IBM and the value it brings to its customers; own IBM's participation in competitive evaluations (MQs, Waves etc.) and work to improve IBM's standing in influential reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in your area of focus; share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
- Connect key IBM executives with expert analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy.
- Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM offerings.
- Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts.
- Create and execute plans for IBM and third-party external events that complement and validate IBM's corporate messaging and strategy and by incorporating actual customer use cases.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience working in or covering the IT industry, either in a systems, services or software organization/function.
• Experience in a business or technology role within the Retail or Telecom industries
• 10+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: analyst relations, market research, consulting, product management, communications or strategy roles.
• Executive presence to counsel to senior management regarding the market, competitive landscape and analyst outlook
Candidates must have the tenacity, determination and patience to be able to challenge conventional thinking and processes.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience as a senior analyst at a leading industry research firm
• Existing relationships with leading industry analysts/influencers
• Advanced Degree in the Engineering/Sciences or MBA
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top