Analyst Relations Leader- Services
In an era of unpredictable disruption, companies need to do more than transform. They must fearlessly reimagine their business - to the core - designing and building the platforms necessary for growth. Clients are protecting and preparing for what's next with IBM Services.
IBM business consultants help organizations fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value and drive greater efficiencies through Digital Reinvention. We help our clients apply advanced technologies to modernize their operations and drive growth. Our consultants help clients take advantage of outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise of IBM.
Our technology services run the infrastructure that powers 80% of the banking industry's daily card transactions, 61% of the automobile industry's production of passenger vehicles and nearly half of mobile connections worldwide. We are experts at managing infrastructure, while being innovators at heart.
IBM is looking to hire a Services Analyst Relations Leader in our New York City, San Francisco or Boston office. This person will join our team of AR professionals as we build relationships with key influencers to help IBM further lead the market in innovative consulting and IT services. The Analyst Relations Leader plays a critical, cross-functional role by working with experts at many different levels of the organization. The candidate will work closely with product management, engineering, sales and marketing teams across IBM's global offices to build and nurture strong internal relationships that will be leveraged to engage with leading analyst firms and influencers.
The Analyst Relations Leader should have a strong background in market research, communications, data analysis, and competitive positioning. This role requires strong analytical skills and experience evaluating qualitative and quantitative research in the IT or related industries. This candidate must enjoy growing and nurturing relationships and influencing analysts on IBM competitive strengths and differentiators.
- Manage team of 4
- Develop, manage and execute a targeted Analyst Relations plan for IBM Services; educate the most influential industry analysts who work with existing or prospective IBM customers. Embed with the business unit to influence strategy and sales and improve analyst perceptions and relationships year-over-year.
- Influence analyst research on IBM, its competitors and the markets that IBM competes in; shape the perception of IBM and the value it brings to its customers; improve analyst rating in influential reports and evaluations.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and strategic developments in the area of focus; share relevant analyst research and implications with senior management to shape BU strategy and offerings.
- Connect key IBM executives with expert analysts for advisory sessions to help define and influence offering strategy.
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, sales, offering management, communications legal and BU leadership to ensure that IBM is getting the best representation with the analyst community.
- Manage and procure paid strategic research projects on behalf of IBM to ensure that key analyst firms are actively engaged with IBM offerings
- Develop a keen understanding of how to build credible and impactful relationships with key influencers and leading industry analysts.
This role is located at IBM offices in New York City, Boston or San Francisco.
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% to meet in person with Business Unit executives and key global analysts and influencers.
Applicants must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
#adaytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience working in a services organization/function.
• Experience leading team.
• 15+ years of diverse work experience in more than one functional area such as: analyst relations, market research, consulting, operational, financial and/or strategy roles.
• Executive presence to counsel to senior management regarding the market, competitive landscape and analyst outlook. Candidates must have the tenacity, determination and patience to be able to challenge conventional thinking and processes.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience as a senior analyst at a leading industry research firm or investment bank
• Ability to extract important business stories and share with external communities.
• Existing relationships with leading IT analysts focused on the services/consulting.
• Advanced Degree in the Engineering/Sciences or Management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top