Analog Layout Engineer - IBM Systems
About IBM IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Our Culture: IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Business Unit Introduction: India Systems Development Lab (ISDL) is part of IBM Systems world-wide technology development lab. Established in 1996, the Lab is headquartered in India's Silicon Valley and startup hub - Bengaluru, with a strong presence in Pune and Hyderabad. Developers at ISDL deliver technology innovations across the entire Systems portfolio - z Systems, Power / OpenPOWER Systems and Storage. The team here works across the entire stack from processor design, firmware, operating system to software defined storage. The Lab also focuses on innovations, thanks to the creative energies of the teams. The Lab has contributed over 400+ patents in cutting edge technologies and inventions so far.
While computing veers towards cognitive, cloud, mobile, social, and security, we have significantly contributed to not just new products focused in these areas,but has also ushered in new development models such as Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps.
Who You are :
- Domain experience in building High-Speed Serial IO link (HSS) interface.
- Analog Layout development of key Full Custom Analog Blocks/Sub Blocks for Tx/Rx/PLL/CLK Distribution modules for 32G/50G/112G IO links and general-purpose IO transceiver macros for PCIe, optical IO interfaces using industry's latest 7nm/14nm FinFet technology.
- Complete ownership of Analog Macro layout development starting from defining Floorplan Architecture and top-level routing in collaboration with design engineers.
- Participate in concept, Layout and final design reviews for Circuit Blocks with global partners.
- Plan layout work with constraints on performance, time and quality.
- Documentation of layout work.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you will become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developer in the field: our tech leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Analog Layout Design.
- Experience in next generation Ultra High-Speed Serial IO link (HSS) interface.
- Proven understanding of Analog Circuit Design and simulation methodology, CAD tool flow for 7nm/14nm process.
- Knowledge in the Analog Layout/Mask development of full custom Analog circuits for Ultra-High Speed 32G/50G/112G IO link interfaces.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Preferred knowledge and expertise in Deep Sub-Micron process nodes, especially with respect to FinFET technology.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top