AI Sales Specialist
IBM is currently seeking an AI Sales Specialist to join the IBM Systems team to focus on the artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning business.
The IBM cognitive systems portfolio includes software, such as IBM Watson Machine Learning Community Edition (an AI software platform that includes the most popular machine learning frameworks and their dependencies, and it is built for easy and rapid deployment), and cognitive infrastructure, such as the POWER9 Accelerated Servers (AC922), which is at the heart of the most powerful supercomputers in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role can be performed in Sydney or Melbourne and is a high-profile growth opportunity that demands a highly motivated individual with strong sales, communications and organisational skills, who is eager to learn.
The successful applicant will drive and generate sales revenue across a range of existing Commercial and Enterprise clients.
What will I do?
- Help clients understand the art of the possible with IBM Watson and related technology
- Build financial propositions with new clients and secure new business within existing clients
- Engage with the IBM ecosystem: sales, technical sales and the business partner channel, as well as the broader IBM
- Arrange initial product demonstrations and conduct presentations tailored to customers' use cases
- Manage pipeline and sales process, including effective forecasting and opportunity closure
- Be the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their strategic roadmap, and the role of IT in delivering on that strategy
Work type: Regular Permanent full time
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrate a track record of achieving or exceeding against targets/KPI's
- Be commercially and technically astute
- Have an ability to take a holistic view of a customer's business and understand how business drivers impact their strategy and spending decisions
- Have an ability to articulate IBM's value proposition, and the value of solutions to clients
- Have an ability to build strong relationships and present to all levels of a business, both simultaneously and one-on-one
- Be fluent in the English language - both spoken and written
- Have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Have a ceaseless urge to disrupt and challenge the status quo to drive greater value for IBM and its customers
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- STEM background e.g. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in: IT, Computer Science, majors in Analytics, AI or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in AI and Machine learning
- DevOps or Business Process experience
- 2 years in a Sales role
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or exceeding targets/KPIs
About Business Unit
IBM Systems is spread across Australia and New Zealand. Our mission is to help clients scale insight to advance understanding, innovation and discovery across our Server, storage and software portfolio.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion?
If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top