About IBM :
IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Business Unit Introduction:
Chief Information Office (CIO) Business Transformation and Information Technology (BT/IT) is a cross-functional organization acting as an IT partner to various IBM's Businesses in creating a single Enterprise Integration and Governance Model, while accelerating the delivery of business value, improving service quality, simplifying BT/IT processes and delivering operational efficiency.
Who you are:
As an Agile Coach you need to share the experience and observations with all team members and to make sure that the best practices are being used. The objective of the Agile coach is to help teams and leaders develop their Agile skills in order to rapidly become self-sufficient and benefit from Agile approaches. More specifically, the team coach supports the start-up of teams/projects, gives advice to improve the application of Scrum throughout projects, and spreads the best practices. You will promote and facilitates in a cohesive manner the adoption of Agility within teams and by organizations. Agile coaches bring their knowledge of Agility. You will work with other coaches who have the same challenges and who seek gaining experience in order to better coach teams. Agile coaches are passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching and are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments to adoption. An Agile Coach should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones.
What you'll do:
As an experienced Agile Team Coach you will drive Agile principles and practices into the IBM organization. You will be working with teams who want to implement and improve Agile practices, as well as drive overall Agile culture change. Agile coaches work closely with teams, team members (e.g., Scrum Masters) and leaders to develop and perform activities allowing the development of Agile skills and improvement of development processes.
- Define the Agile approach, principles and practices
- Carry out Agile coaching
- Help teams implement Agile development approaches and DevOps development approaches.
- Coach Scrum Masters to help them familiarize with their role
- Remain at the leading-edge of Agile development practices and contribute to their spreading across the organization
- Understand the mechanisms of Agile practices and software development processes and able to clearly communicate to others
- Work to help all levels of the organization understand the benefits of working agile
- Understand and help teams implement DevOps tooling to support their transformation
- Drive the measurement of DevOps including data-driven and hypothesis-driven development
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years' experience in Leading Agile Teams
- At least 5 years' experience applying agile thought leadership
- Experience in coaching leaders and team in agile ways of working
- Readiness to travel 50% travel annually
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in enterprise agile transformation
- Experience in coaching executive and team in agile ways of working
- Agile Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top