Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact
IBM enterprise Agile coaching is about helping people, teams and organizations to develop culture by tackling the challenges with people and relationships. Our agile coaching, involves more than simply reading the Agile Manifesto and declaring that we are agile. IBM agile coaches focus on transforming teams' culture into "Being Agile"and developing culture of "Doing agile".
IBM Agile coaches can work actively with Clients to set up Agile teams and Agile programs and projects.
Our start it right set up services focuses on distinct patterns that we can assist you with.
The IBM resources will provide assistance to the Client in the following areas and services. Such assistance is provided at the instruction and direction of the client.
Mentoring and facilitating:
• Portfolio Planning sessions;
• Release Planning sessions;
• Sprint planning sessions;
• Agreements on Ways of Work and Social Contracts
• Enable the development team to make a commitment to a sprint plan;
• Running of Product Backlog Grooming and Estimation meetings;
• Eliminate issues (blockers) the development team faces which may prevent them from achieving their sprint commitment;
• Daily Stand Up meetings until the development team are able to run them by themselves;
• Facilitate and participate in the Sprint Retrospective;
• Protecting the development team from outside influences that will detract from delivery of the sprint goal;
• Transparency and maintaining timely data in JIRA, Confluence and physical wall.
• Setting up tools
• Design comprehensive training plans to enabling the realization of the full benefits of the IBM agile expertise i.e. Taste of Agile, Agile Fundamentals
• Conducts formal and informal Agile training for teams and individuals
Coaching Agile teams and individual team members:
• Challenging and supporting people in achieving personal and team goals
• Creating vision and opening up new possibilities
• Direct collaboration with the Product Owner and the business units
• Provide project stewardship, ensuring all team members and stakeholders are communicating and performing; Support the Product Owner and Scrum Master in exercising their duties;
• Assist in removing the blockers
• Lead and manage project level governance, including status tracking, reporting and decisions authority.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
•Knowledge of other Agile approaches: SAFe, XP, Kanban, DSDM, TSP, Crystal, FDD, etc.
•Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD,
Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
•Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
•Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the
intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous
Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
•Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
•Experience playing the Agile Coach / Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software
development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
•Previous experience as a team lead
•Excellent consulting, communication and mentoring skills
•Strong development background
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
•Business, IT or Engineering degree.
•Relevant Agile certifications (Agile Project Management registered practitioner, Scrum Product
Owner, Agile team facilitation, SAFe Agilist)
•Professional Scrum Master level I required
•Professional Scrum Master level 2 preferred
•Process Engineering methods and techniques like Lean, 6 Sigma, Outside In, CMM, Theory of
Constraints, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
•Membership of professional body/association
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Back to top