Advisory Software Developer - IBM Cognitive Applications
As a software developer you will be multi-tasking, quickly adapting to new development environments, learn new systems to create reliable/maintainable code.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with all stakeholders on requirements, analysis
- Technical leadership of squads
- Active participation in the Strategising and road map definition of the offering
- Working closely with other staff, such as technical architects, UX designers and other developers
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8 years' professional/industrial experience in software development
- Knowledge of Java, Python, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, HIVE, HDFS, ETL
- Should have application development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, statistical and big data computing libraries.
- Proven technical abilities to understand, design, write and debug complex code
- Experience in building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
- Proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to drive innovation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Commerce domain experience.
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of teamwork and trust - where everyone has a voice? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
How we'll help you grow:
• You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need, to become the expert you want to be.
• You'll learn directly from developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're establishing teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top