Accounts Receivable Collection Specialist - Chinese Speaking
The IBM Global Financing COE, which commenced operations in Malaysia in 2006, is a cross-functional organization that provides expert business support, pricing, credit, IT and business controls for IBM Global Financing business across IBM's140 growth market countries. The Center's mission is to provide responsive and effective support services to internal clients to facilitate the achievement of planned business results and client satisfaction.
- Manage the receivables for collection portfolio assigned and ensure all overdue by customer are paid promptly by calling and
other means of reaching out to clients, and arranging for settlement, maintaining customer relations.
- Organize collection to meet Operational KPIs.
- Attend AR Review calls. Provide complete and solid collection status and progress updates.
- Plan and implement collection strategies and engage in direct collection of receivables.
- Work closely with Cash Application Team to advice and ensure that payments are allocate/apply correctly, include clearing UAC
- Perform credit & finance analysis by providing AR status/outstanding to Credit/Treasury for credit release purposes or on new &
existing customer in order to manage credit limits terms.
- Coordinate with credit control, bad debts analyst of exceptional, problematic or suspicious customer and provide case histories
where applicable to minimise bad debt and loss from fraud.
- Dealing with credit suspended account tactfully and co-ordinating collection actions with bad debt analyst & solicitor.
- Reconcile, liase with dispute co-ordinator, sales person, accountants, treasury & management team to ensure & meet target
- End to end process & prior exposure in supply chain, contract & billings and order management.
- Motivate, lead & develop the collection team and educate new comers on collections & credit control matter.
- Update GDMS/AR updated promptly and completely into the system and maintain good controls posture. Provide audit support
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Internal/external customer or supplier contact role - via phone - must be confident and eloquent.
- Language: English, Chinese read / write and Mandarin speaking skills.
- Good communication skill
- MS Office
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Fresh graduate or less than 2 years experience in Account Receivable Collection or Operations
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top