3658042 - Accounting Analyst - Thai
Are you up for a challenge? Are you looking for your next career journey? Join us and become part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers. Work with exceptional, insightful, imaginative people that nurtures creativity and individuality.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and record, on a timely and accurate basis, the company's financial performance using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IBM Accounting Principles and Local Statutory/Tax requirements;
- Perform complex operational/technical accounting and analysis and profitability reporting;
- Provide sound management information and interpretation while ensuring high standards of financial control and analyzing and interpreting financial data, requiring knowledge of accounting theory /tax rules and application of corporate policies, practices and procedures. Employees in this role maintains high sensitivity to control fundamentals and posture for the organization as well as interpret and implement corporate accounting instructions and control procedures relative to both internal and external requirements. Also analyzes recommendations for changes to standards and formulates procedures to address emerging issues not covered under existing standard practices / policies;
- Identify / define / coordinate system change requirements to meet emerging business needs.
- Provide control and maintenance of assigned general ledger accounts, including account reconciliations and ledger entries. Resolves technical issues, providing both internal and cross functional guidance and expertise. Responsibilities may also include:
a. Maintenance of accounting systems / applications, including source control and system tie-outs
b. Coordination and control for accounting systems in operational functional area, including scheduling requirements, change requests, education and maintenance
- Analysis and review with management, of monthly financial performance (year-to-year, sequential trending).
- Provide summaries and evaluations of the output and analysis of other professionals in developing consolidated views of profitability / financial positions and provides reviews with the functional director of accounting and finance line and executive management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Proficient in Thai
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Proficient in Thai
About Business Unit
Our organization is comprised of the following subsidiaries:
IBM Philippines, Inc.
• Leading supplier of information technology hardware, software, & services in the country.
IBM Solutions Delivery, Inc.
• Provides IT expertise, delivering world-class technology services and business solutions.
IBM Business Services
• Foremost provider of Business Transformation Outsourcing for HR, F&A and Supply Chain Management services.
Your Life @ IBM
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, we're reshaping the future of health, education, fashion, travel, green energy, and more, using groundbreaking cognitive solutions, cloud computing technology, and quantum computing.
Imagine what you can do at IBM.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. As an IBMer, you'll collaborate with outstanding, insightful professionals in an environment that cultivates creativity, and individuality. You will be part of an innovative team that strives to make the world work better and you will also have an opportunity to help our clients visualize a future that may not yet exist. Join us as we make the most of these existing times and discover what you can make as of this moment.
Since establishing its presence in the Philippines in 1937, IBM has evolved to be a leading cognitive solutions and cloud platform company that demonstrates the power of innovation, data and expertise to improve business and society. With 25 consecutive years of patent leadership, IBM Research is the world's largest corporate research organization with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across 6 continents.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top