3327680, FAMJ030602 - RTR Accounting Analyst - Spanish
- Prepare and record, on a timely and accurate basis, the company's financial performance using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IBM Accounting Principles and Local Statutory/Tax requirements;
- Perform complex operational/technical accounting and analysis and profitability reporting;
- Provide sound management information and interpretation while ensuring high standards of financial control and analyzing and interpreting financial data, requiring knowledge of accounting theory /tax rules and application of corporate policies, practices and procedures. Employees in this role maintains high sensitivity to control fundamentals and posture for the organization as well as interpret and implement corporate accounting instructions and control procedures relative to both internal and external requirements. Also analyzes recommendations for changes to standards and formulates procedures to address emerging issues not covered under existing standard practices / policies;
- Identify / define / coordinate system change requirements to meet emerging business needs.
- Provide control and maintenance of assigned general ledger accounts, including account reconciliations and ledger entries. Resolves technical issues, providing both internal and cross functional guidance and expertise. Responsibilities may also include:
a. Maintenance of accounting systems / applications, including source control and system tie-outs
b. Coordination and control for accounting systems in operational functional area, including scheduling requirements, change requests, education and maintenance
- Analysis and review with management, of monthly financial performance (year-to-year, sequential trending).
- Provide summaries and evaluations of the output and analysis of other professionals in developing consolidated views of profitability / financial positions and provides reviews with the functional director of accounting and finance line and executive management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Accountancy
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems, processes and practices
- Ability to understand, define and work with accounting concepts, processes and operations
- Strong customer service orientation with a focus on establishing and maintaining a strong customer service culture
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Attention to detail, focusing on timely delivery of results
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND BEHAVIOR:
- Computer literate, familiar with spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- With good English communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Has the ability to work independently to conform to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and proactive
- With good interpersonal skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top