2020 Intern - Strategy Consultant Intern, Chief Analytics Office
As a Strategy Consultant Intern at IBM, you will help reinvent our business in the era of analytics and artificial intelligence. You'll work closely with teams throughout IBM to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2020 (3 MONTHS)
This position is a Strategy Consultant Internship role with the Chief Analytics Office. You will work alongside consultants, managers, and data scientists to enhance business performance through analytics and data science focused initiatives. Responsibilities include diving into business problems, formulating and testing hypotheses using quantitative analysis, and delivering insights that drive business impact. You are passionate about using data to solve business problems. You are a creative thinker and an influential leader trusted to prove actionable recommendations.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Python, R or another programming language
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environemnt
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Live or be willing to relocate to New York
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- BA/BS or MS in Economics, Business, Data Science, or another STEM field
- Quantitative data analysis
- Statistical modeling through software (e.g. SPSS) or programming language (e.g. Python)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Develop new problem-solving techniques to build new insights
- Project management experience
- Consulting experience and/or worked with clients and stakeholders
About Business Unit
The Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tased by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology, and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top