(2019 Campus Hire) UI/UX Designer
Are you interested in helping companies re-invent themselves and their industries in the digital era? Do you want to leverage your business acumen and understanding of emerging technology to define the vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive and grow? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
IBM is recruiting young and talented graduates for IBM's world-class 2-year development program - Consulting by Degrees Program (CbD). CbD Program is designed by IBM senior experts that aiming to develop future leadership with the opportunity to accelerate consulting career through various client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring.
What the role involves?
As a Designer, you will focus on designing world-class digital user experiences in support of our clients' experience strategies by addressing user needs and the appropriate expression of their brands. You will create user experience designs and prototypes to test and iterate your ideas within the IBM Design Thinking framework. Here are your daily responsibilities.
- Collaborate on all layers of development - work closely with business, design and engineering teams to craft delightful user experience from front end design, development to some mid/ backend tier work.
- Have strong interest and contribute to user experience design.
- Innovate with evolving customer experience in terms of applying technologies and business models.
- Have research capabilities in the latest applications across industries.
The work tends to be project based. You will sharpen your skill and gain insight from different projects. As your skills and experience grow, you will lead junior consultants to deliver solutions for clients' more challenging business problems. You could develop as a generalist consultant or specialize in one area, ultimately becoming one of our next generation of Business Analysts, Project Managers or industry specialists.
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds to become full-time Consulting by Degrees consultant, who are keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:-
- Adaptability - How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication - Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus - Can you see a situation from a client's viewpoint, whether that's colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving - Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive - Will you proactively learn new skills - even if they're beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork - How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM - Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You'll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership - Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you've worked to correct your mistakes?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- UI/UX design
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiar with User Research Methodology
- Familiar with Web and Mobile UI/UX design experience
- Familiar with Design Thinking
- Familiar with Bootstrap
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top