(2019 Campus Hire) IT Specialist – Business Analyst/System Analyst
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Brighter Blue Program is IBM's world-class 2-year development program designed for technical consultant career path. You will receive assignments mainly focusing on technical development and configuration. Through the program, you will advance your technical skills including digital and agile.
What the role involves?
IT Specialist - Business Analyst/ System Analyst will drive various technical activities, work with the business team gather requirements, analyze the requirements, apply process and system knowledge, translate business requirements to technical specifications, review with the technical implementation teams, test the application, and get back signoff from clients. Here are your daily responsibilities.
- Coordinate with clients and development team in project environment.
- Produce the design documents to be followed by developers.
- Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation.
- Perform system integration testing.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Good communication and consultation skills
- Ability to work directly with clients
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer science/engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Management
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Proficient in programming language is a plus
- Database (SQL) related knowledge is a plus
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Computer science/engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Management
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top