(2019 Campus Hire) Business Consultant
Are you interested in helping companies re-invent themselves and their industries in the digital era? Do you have capability to leverage digital technology to support and define the vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive ? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
IBM is recruiting young and talented graduates for IBM's world-class 2-year development program - Consulting by Degrees Program (CbD). CbD Program is designed by IBM senior experts that aiming to develop future leadership with the opportunity to accelerate consulting career through various client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring.
What the role involves?
Digital Strategy Consultant focuses on business strategy, operation strategy, technology strategy and talent strategy in digital transformation consulting service. You will work with IBM senior subject matter expert and consultants from different professional background to identify business and operation issues, formulating strategic direction and develop solutions for different industries to help client executives make the best decisions. Here are your daily responsibilities.
- Research the client organization and industry value chains via modern and digitally-enabled approaches to structured and unstructured data analysis and insight generation that go beyond traditional methods of interviewing, focus groups, or market studies
- Draw from client financial data and product profolio on evolving market trends to help client explore the art of the possible based on market and competitive positioning (e.g., RPA, Blockchain, Internet of Things,)
- Identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets, developing new business models to bring to life ideas, increase efficiencies and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
- Identify issues, create hypotheses, and execute analysis, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for our clients
In IBM, you will be working in a team based project and collaborate with various talents with different professional background to deliver solution to client organization. You will sharpen your skill and gain insight through project rotation.
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds to become full-time Consulting by Degrees consultant, who are keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:-
- Adaptability - How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you open-minded to learn new technologies? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication - Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus - Can you see a situation from a client's viewpoint, whether that's colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving - Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive - Will you proactively learn new skills - even if they're beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork - How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM - Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You'll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership - Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you've worked to correct your mistakes?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Good Analytical skill and innovative approach to problems.
- Willing to learn new technology solution and capable to communicate with technology topic
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to travel for business and work under pressure.
- Strong ability to lead, to influence and to collaborate with others to achieve goal.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Consulting firm internship experiences
- Market research and industry analysis experience
- Have basic concept about IT system and familiar with technology trends in ABCDE (AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Data and Experience)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top