(2019 Campus Hire) Application Consultant
Are you interested in helping companies re-invent themselves and their industries in the digital era? Do you want to leverage your business acumen and understanding of emerging technology to define the vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive and grow? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset?
IBM is recruiting young and talented graduates for IBM's world-class 2-year development program - Consulting by Degrees Program (CbD). CbD Program is designed by IBM senior experts that aiming to develop future leadership with the opportunity to accelerate consulting career through various client project work across different industries and service areas with focused training, project rotation and mentoring.
What the role involves?
Application Consultants focus on technical roles, growing a strong set of technical and consulting skills and then progressing onto solution design and technical leadership roles at increasing levels of responsibility. Here are your daily responsibilities.
- Assist in delivery of high quality solutions to clients in response to specific business requirements
- Support on technical solution through research and evaluations of technology.
- Support management consulting to client IT and Business Executives who are responsible for managing and delivering IT related services to their end user community or external clients.
- Assist in defining the business drivers and associated IT capabilities and services that are required, develop the IT capabilities and implement the IT business management systems required to maintain IT value and service delivery.
- Performs design/development/testing of cloud/traditional application projects.
- Interacts with the requirements team, clients, and others in the field for various purposes including gathering requirements, product demos, and resolving technical issues.
- Prepares and writes technical documentation such as content to be included in the documentation of design and training materials
In IBM, you will be working in a team based project and collaborate with various talents with different professional background to deliver solution to client organization. You will sharpen your skill and gain insight through project rotation.
We are looking for entry level candidates from all backgrounds to become full-time Consulting by Degrees consultant, who are keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:-
- Adaptability - How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication - Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus - Can you see a situation from a client's viewpoint, whether that's colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving - Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive - Will you proactively learn new skills - even if they're beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork - How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM - Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You'll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership - Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you've worked to correct your mistakes?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in English
- Good Analytical skill and innovative approach to problems
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to travel for business and work under pressure.
- Strong ability to lead, to influence and to collaborate with others to achieve goal.
- High sensitivity and passion for business and people.
- Ability to stay calm and objective while pressure and ambiguity are around
- Foundational programming skills (Java or .Net)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Good at OOAD and programming skills
- Good at mobile APP development
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Information Engineering, or Management Information Systems related.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top