2018 IBM Business Analytics Graduate - Sydney
Looking for an exciting and challenging career?
Seeking to enhance your technical skills and become part of a professional team?
Wanting to develop client-facing skills?
Excited to join a High Tech giant that has been in business for over 100 years, and yet still manages to be on the leading edge.
Want to work with and be mentored by true experts who have been in the game since "Business Intelligence" was invented? Want to become an expert yourself?
Join our fast-paced, diverse and cutting-edge team, IBM Business Analytics Customer Success and Support.
We help organizations of all sizes make sense of information in the context of their business. The Support team is a highly collaborative team where hard work and achievement is both recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a Graduate for a Technical Support Analyst who is looking for a stimulating and challenging career at IBM. The analyst is responsible for remote technical support of IBM's Cloud software and solutions for the Business Analytics business unit across a broad spectrum of IBM Cognos products.
Many of our analysts move onto successful careers in Development, Product Management, or Consulting, others choose to stay within Support organisation in consulting, teaching or management roles.
We contribute to the Support department organizational objectives: technical excellence and high customer satisfaction metrics, through a combination of the following behaviours and skills:
- Provide technical assistance to customers using existing knowledge base, through problem determination / trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Prioritise and understand issues - negotiates with clients as to relative priority.
- Communicates action plans to the customer, and as necessary and appropriate to other internal IBM personnel (Cognos Operations, Management, Development, et al).
Additionally, the analyst may also:
- Recommend and/or implement new solutions or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to early beta testing of new BA (Cognos) releases.
- Create or enhance knowledge assets for the BA Knowledge Base (how to guides, technical notes or similar).
We are seeking top talent individuals with these key characteristics:
- Proven collaboration and problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX platforms ideally)
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 6 months experience in Databases e.g., DB2, MS SQL, Oracle
- At least 6 months experience in web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
- Excel expertise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill set
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Knowledge or exposure to any other working with a multi-dimensional financial modeling tool such as IBM Cognos Planning, TM1, Hyperion or Anaplan
- Knowledge or exposure to accounting, finance or business administration concepts
- Exposure of experience with Virtualisation Technologies eg VMware/Xen etc
- Experience in a customer facing role
Required Education - Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Preferred Education - Degree in Finance, Accounting or MIS or equivalent
To be eligible to apply:
Intern applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Have Australian citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency
• Have New Zealand citizenship or New Zealand Permanent Residency
• Have at least a credit average from respective universities
• You will be enrolled in a tertiary degree at University in Australia/ New Zealand - Throughout the internship program
• Candidates must be from Australian or New Zealand Universities
• Have no more than 2 years relevant work experience
Additional Important Information:
• Candidates are advised to populate their preferred email ID for the hiring process communication purpose
• Candidates are advised to provide a complete Cv which outlines the required requirements(Example: Citizenship/PR status, Current/Latest Weighted Average Mark or Grade Point Average score/ Education Background/Work experiences)
• All applicants are required to check their email ID (1) business day after applying online to undergo an IPAT test. (MANDATORY TEST) Instructions for the test will be outlined in the email.
We believe true innovation is driven by diversity, so in order to uphold our reputation as an industry-leading enterprise, we rely on people from different backgrounds, different perspectives and different attitudes. So come on board and join us as we enter a new era for our industry - and our planet.
For more information about IBM's internship program:
Have a question you'd like to ask?
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ibmcareersanz
-Upload your CV, cover letter, academic transcript and your Right to Work document (AU/NZ passport, citizenship/birth certificate and photo identification).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top