Quality Engineer- Waterjet
We are a collaborative, associate-owned leading global manufacturer looking for a Quality Engineer to join our growing Waterjet team. If you seek a 100% Associate-owned work environment (strong no layoff philosophy), promoting empowerment and a positive work-life balance we invite you to consider Hypertherm.
The Quality Engineer- Waterjet is responsible for providing quality engineering support for New Product introduction to volume manufacturing and ongoing Manufacturing Operations. The position requires experience with manufacturing processes/products. Activities include reviewing processes for consistency, developing in process and final test methodologies, determining pass/fail criteria. All activities are performed with the ultimate goal of achieving consistent high quality product performance. The role will also support the needs of the supply chain to develop and choose new suppliers as needed.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred) with established, proven experience in a high-tech, preferably in an electronic/electrical product development & manufacturing environment. The QE will be highly skilled in identifying opportunities for improvement, facilitating problem resolution (root cause analysis, corrective action) across teams, and deploying preventive measures in support of a lean manufacturing environment.
Required working knowledge includes:
- Independently motivated, collaborative team player
- CMM programming and use in Calypso (Zeiss CMM)
- Broad range of measurement devices/gages (optical comparator, multi-sensor, 2D OASIS metrology, caliper, micrometer)
- GD&T – Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Process capability studies, support development of cost-effective inspection plans/product and process audits, and CMM programming (CALYPSO)
- Statistical tools and analysis (SPC, DOE, Minitab)
- Able to articulate a solid on-going commitment to continuous process improvements
- Proficient in problem solving techniques/tools (root cause analysis/corrective action, 8D, DMAIC)
Preferred knowledge includes:
- Specification of measurement devices for use in Manufacturing Operations and their validation (MSA – Measurement System Analysis, Gage R&R)
- Lean Manufacturing (cell manufacturing, standard work, 5S)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt preferred)
- Quality management system standards (ISO9001, TS16949)
- Quality tools (Design and Process FMEA, PPAP, Control Plan)
Meet Some of Hypertherm's Employees
Staff Engineer, Software – Light Industrial Products
Justin architects the computer processor and embedded software used to operate Hypertherm's mechanized plasma cutting platforms and modern technologies.
Back to top