Marketing Specialist - South America
Hypertherm is hiring Marketing Specialist in South America.
Location: Guarulhos, Brazil
Employment duration: Full time
# of openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
Hypertherm is a leading manufacturer of plasma cutting equipment, the head office is located in Hanover, NH, USA. The Marketing Specialist position is part of the Hypertherm South American Regional Team, based in our office in Guarulhos, Brazil. This position supports all elements of the team’s marketing efforts, including product launch execution; segmenting, targeting and positioning; channel partner support; collaborating with sales, business marketing, market research and marketing services teams to develop and execute marketing programs and promotions; understanding customers; and developing sales tools and various types of marketing communications (e.g. program collateral, online tools, communications, etc.). This person is responsible for measuring ROI as a result of marketing activities.
PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES & SUPPORT:
- Product launch support including announcements, demonstration equipment, training, merchandising and POP displays
- Event coordination & execution, such as customer visits, open houses, and trainings
- Channel Partner co-op marketing program (the Plasma Profit Center) management, implementation & evaluation
- Sales tool development, including flyers, competitive comparisons, posters and general sales aides.
- Media planning, management & execution. Developing relationships with local industry-related publications and websites. Measuring and evaluating effectiveness of placements.
- Supports development and execution of the PR plan.
- Take responsibility for overall planning and implementation of well defined initiatives. Develop strong two-way communication with media contacts in the region.
- Responsibility for planning, coordination and execution of trade shows, including booth design, procurement, set-up and staffing.
- Work with channel partners on cross-promotional initiatives.
- Conduct post-event assessment of results.
- Actively seeks implementation of best practices
MARKETING & SERVICE PROGRAM
- Implementation of corporate or region-specific programs for the region.
- Delivers training and marketing presentations to all audiences.
- Follows up with channel partners to obtain feedback on effectiveness of communication for future improvement opportunities.
COORDINATION OF TRAININGS:
- Plan, develops and executes training projects to support Sales & Marketing team objectives.
- Uses train the trainer methodology and works closely with Training Team in the development of new training tools as needed.
- Define major and minor markets in region and collect information – size, segments, competitors and market share.
- Participation in Voice-of-the-Customer (VOC) projects in support of business plan initiatives.
- Conducts market research as required, including customer surveys and market share analyses, to provide inputs for new product and program development. • Assists with marketing analytical work as directed by leader (e.g., sales result reporting and analysis, ROI analysis, etc.) to measure the effectiveness of sales tools and marketing programs.
- Develop and execute research projects to support Marketing Team objectives. Uses best-practice research tools, such as VOC methodology and successfully carry out the project without significant supervision or instruction.
- Hylights (Hypertherm’s internal company newsletter) coordination/contribution
- Publish regional newsletter, plan yearly content, coordinate delivery, and measure effectiveness.
- Education – BA/BS Degree
- 5+ plus years work experience in marketing field in an industrial setting
- Proven project management skills
- Clear and concise writing and speaking capability in Spanish, Portuguese & English
- Work experience in Spanish speaking Latin American countries
- Education – MS or MA in related field
- CRM Database experience ERP Software experience
Back to top