Machine Operator Career Fair - Machine Operator (2nd & 3rd shift)
CNC Machine Operator – 2nd and 3rd shifts (hiring off-shifts only) – Please READ for further instructions.
At Hypertherm, we hire all of our CNC Machine Operators through completion of our 9-week Machine Operator Fundamentals class (this is a full-time paid position) at our Hypertherm Technical Training Institute.
We are looking to select participants for our next class starting in April 2017.
To find out more:
1. Please APPLY to show your interest.
2. We will email you (watch your “spam” folder) additional instructions on how to register and select an arrival time to attend one of our career fair sessions on Saturday, February 18th or Monday, February 20th.
Please note: You must attend one of the career fair sessions (2/18 or 2/20) in order to be considered for the next phase of the class selection.
To discover more about our CNC Machine Operator program and selection process at: https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/our-company/careers/career-areas/manufacturing/machine-operator-training/
CNC Machine Operator
The Machine Operator position utilizes skills and knowledge to perform and maintain all manufacturing processes efficiently within our Torch and Consumable manufacturing teams to produce consumable products.
- Performs manufacturing processes (e.g. machining, assembly, packaging, etc.), in the cell, in compliance with pre-existing documentation
- Enhances machinery performances to prevent machine downtime.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives to manufacture the highest priority parts to meet customer demands.
- Documents and communicates manufacturing process actions and irregularities (e.g. continual tool changes, dirty collets, or machine alarms going off) to maintain continuity between shifts (i.e. change of shift) and decrease machine downtime.
Qualifications – Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math
- Good written and verbal skills
- Basic computer skills
- A positive attitude and willingness and interest to learn technical material
- Excitement about working with a team and within our collaborative ownership culture
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow and process instructions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Comfort working in a manufacturing environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive motion
Meet Some of Hypertherm's Employees
Staff Engineer, Software – Light Industrial Products
Justin architects the computer processor and embedded software used to operate Hypertherm's mechanized plasma cutting platforms and modern technologies.
Back to top