Consumable Sales Manager - Australia
The Consumable Sales Manager is home based in Melbourne. Their primary focus is building relationships to develop and manage the consumable market and proactively engage End Users to upgrade, recapture and retain Hypertherm and Centricut consumables. Working collaboratively with the field Sales teams and Hypertherm leadership to prioritize and document the top opportunities to be pursued.
- Manage all phases of the sales process (P1 – P5). Qualify opportunities and develop basic Distinct Value Proposition (DVP), based on product features and benefits that align with customer requirements. Prove the DVP (product testing, installations/retrofits…etc.). Perform basic torch retrofits and consumable testing on Hypertherm and competitive systems.
- Supporting the End User to optimize the cutting process which may involve activities outside the consumable space and more in the system and controller space.
- Troubleshoot basic issues on Hypertherm systems. Leverage product performance, pricing, loyalty programs and other sales tools to support the retention and recapture of consumables business.
- Support Channel Partners and Hypertherm field sales in the sales process and in proving the DVP of Hypertherm and HT products. Identify and share sales retention opportunities. Recommend to upgrading with Technology Adoption.
- Leverage product and technical expertise to build credibility to the level of a trusted advisor.
- Capture pertinent market and competitive information and share with the appropriate parties within Hypertherm.
- Maintain and update information on all accounts and contacts (Channel Partner and End User) in the Customer Relations Management System. Utilize market knowledge to help with annual planning.
- Shares best practices with peers on the Consumable Sales Team and across the organization as appropriate.
- Track Channel Partners and End Users on consumable management and the differences in our technologies.
- Plan, support and deliver Channel Partner and HT field sales training.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in technical and durable good consultative sales (preferably in an industrial consumable market)
- Experience in business-to-business sales model
- Demonstrated effective use DVP value selling based sales process, i.e. ability to monetize solution proposals
- Demonstrated effective use of proven sales techniques
- Strong understandings of production process work flow.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills (creation and delivery)
- Computer skills: Fully computer literate, with the ability to use:(Microsoft Office: Word-Excel-PowerPoint-Outlook)
- Ability to work from a home office or sales office as needed in region (located close to a major airport)
- Current driver’s license
- Travel up to 60%
Understands the plasma marketplace, including competitive product offerings (consumable products marketplace)
Meet Some of Hypertherm's Employees
Staff Engineer, Software – Light Industrial Products
Justin architects the computer processor and embedded software used to operate Hypertherm's mechanized plasma cutting platforms and modern technologies.
Back to top