Application Engineer- Robotic CAD/CAM
Hypertherm’s Robotic Software Team is a world leading developer of CAD/CAM based programming software for industrial robotics. Our product Robotmaster is a trend setting approach to software technology for graphically programming industrial robots.
Do you have a passion for new technology, robotics, CAD/CAM software, manufacturing, aerospace, automobiles and engineering consulting? If yes, then you will find this position rewarding. If you are a self-starter, can work independently and are very motivated to succeed this is a great career opportunity, with many avenues of future advancement in the rapidly growing and emerging world of robotics. You can expect an intense training period during which you will be prepared extensively for this position. Performance-oriented pay and a corresponding opportunity for individual development are guaranteed in our dynamically growing, associate owned company.
You will be joining a dynamic team of Mechanical and Software Engineers to implement robot programming software and technology to end users as well as through a network of resellers. Your main tasks will include:
- Providing technical benchmarks and assisting in implementation of product for specific applications
- Training and providing technical assistance to end-users, network of resellers and partners worldwide
- Engineering consulting for aircraft and automotive manufacturers as well as other high profile customers
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with minimum one year of experience (Mechanical Engineering Technologist with extensive experience may also be considered)
- Experience using CAD/CAM software: Mastercam, Catia, Delcam or similar software
- Exposure to manufacturing using robots or CNC machines preferred
- Experience using robot off-line programming software (Robotmaster, RobotStudio, Roboguide, Delmia, or similar software) preferred
- The candidate must be willing to travel 30-50%
- Located in Minneapolis or a U.S. based remote office, near a major airport
Meet Some of Hypertherm's Employees
Staff Engineer, Software – Light Industrial Products
Justin architects the computer processor and embedded software used to operate Hypertherm's mechanized plasma cutting platforms and modern technologies.
Back to top