- New York, NY
About Human Ventures
Human Ventures is a startup studio based in New York City. We back and build industry changing businesses, co-founding companies alongside exceptional entrepreneurs. We do this by working with entrepreneurs to build venture-backed businesses from the ground up. We enter in as co-founders, collaborating hand-in-hand from day one, providing the resources and support needed to build companies that propel humanity forward. We then activate our deep network of advisors, investors, and talent to accelerate new ventures. And we provide a community and studio space throughout the entire journey.
About the Role
Building great companies begins with a great product and amazing people. You will work in an unmatched environment in which to develop your knowledge of building early-stage startups, not just from the tech perspective but the wider business. All the benefits of the startup world (innovation, ownership, pace, etc) but with more security and support.
- Hands on software development, where you can apply your skills, knowledge and experience across a range of sectors, business models, and products
- Time split between early concept development (where throw-away prototyping dominates) and product development (where the focus is on building the tech foundation for the new business)
- Ensure learnings from each project are brought together to feed back into consistent best practices and processes for the new companies we're building
- You have worked on a diverse set of technologies including experience with web, mobile, data and infrastructure
- You are well organized, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple projects/businesses concurrently
- You're enthusiastic about defining and cultivating a product-oriented engineering culture that instils a spirit of continuous improvement in all aspects of building products
- You are keen to grow our community of developers and represent Human Ventures externally
- Knowledgeable of a range of modern web or mobile frameworks, e.g. React, Django, Rails, iOS, or Android
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of domains
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience
- Have worked in one or more early-stage startups
This is a full-time position based in New York City with competitive salary incentives.
Human Ventures Values
At Human Ventures, "value" isn't just a measure of worth, it's a measure of character. Our values guide everything we do-from our office culture to our company-building approach.
If you're not out of your comfort zone, you're not growing.
Growth is an essential part of being human. And at Human Ventures, it's an essential part of success. If you want to build a better company, start by building a better you. See how far you can stretch yourself. Aim higher than the status quo.
Being Human takes guts.
Launching new companies isn't always easy-in fact it almost never is. This business takes courage-the courage to act confident even when you don't quite feel it, the courage to listen to your intuition, to take big swings, and to keep at it, even when the going gets tough.
To err is Human. Shake it off.
Everyone makes mistakes. Absolutely everyone. But we don't let mishaps bog us down. The strongest leader isn't the one who makes the best plans. It's the one who can watch their plans fall apart, then rally the team, and start putting a new plan in place.
Open minds open doors.
We go out of our way to welcome people into our space. We strive for intellectual diversity, and we yearn for different opinions and perspectives. We believe good tension is the catalyst for discovery and creating big, important things.
None of us can build a company alone. So we actively build on each other's ideas. Instead of saying, "No, but..." we say "Yes, and...." When collaborating, don't just frame the problem, offer potential solutions. Collaboration doesn't just happen by accident.
Have an attitude of gratitude.
We believe in gratitude-showing it, feeling it, living it. We try not to forget how fortunate we are to be doing meaningful work alongside bright, dedicated teammates. Building companies is tough, but with optimism and gratitude, we really can tackle the world's biggest challenges.
Back to top