VSP Medical Assistant - FPG
- Maitland, FL
This is a Variable Staffing Position similar to a PRN role. Your hours can be anywhere from 8 - 40 hours per week. Our clinic hours are typically from 8a-5p M-F. The Medical Assistant 2 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
We need you! Do you have a strong desire to help serve our senior population as we adjust to the current health care environment in our community?
Family Physicians Group is a senior-focused primary care clinic organization with 20+ local clinics across the Orlando region. Our culture is focused on team work and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all. Due to the fast-moving COVID-19 pandemic, we anticipate a need to hire temporary, variable staffing in the medical assistant role for our clinics. The position basic needs are as follows:
- Excellent patient communication skills, to include having clear communication skills and a friendly and calm demeanor.
- Strong computer skills to include the ability to understand basic functions in an Electronic Medical System (our current system is E-Clinical works).
- Ability to prioritize clinic needs & tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- The highest level of integrity and commitment to our community's health.
The Medical Assistant performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focused on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Active Medical Assistant Certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant/CMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant/RMA
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- CPR certification
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and be cross trained in other roles based on business need
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- ACHA Fingerprint Screening Required
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records software
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish - fluent to speak, read, and write in both languages without limitations or assistance
The organization is highly focused on the safety of our associates and have implemented a high level of precautions to include that all staff are provided the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment for their role.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top