- New York, NY
The Caregiver 1 provides clients with assistance in activities of daily living (ADLs). The Caregiver 1 performs basic household and/or personal care tasks and typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Caregiver 1 addresses needs related to disabilities, disease and mental impairment. Helps manage client medications, bathes and dresses, takes care of household chores, and prepares meals. Works under clinical supervision and/or within established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments and providing related patient care
- Understanding of personal care techniques, including the principles of infection control
- Sensitivity to the differences in patient needs that may arise from cultural or ethnic differences
- Ability to read, understand, and print simple instructions and notes
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand
- Successful drug & background screening
- Successful reference verification
- Access to reliable transportation
- Working knowledge of smartphone and apps
- Use of a personal email account and smartphone
- C.N.A. or H.H.A certification (varies by state)
- Knowledge of primary care medicine requirements (state specific).
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- Previous Medical Assistant experience
- Basic computer skills and/or clerical experience.
- Ability to type 25-30 words per minutes accurately
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top