We are seeking a talented full-stackseniorsoftware engineer to join ourdevelopmentteam.The ideal candidate for this position should have a good grasp of the full gamut of the software engineering lifecycle: requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. The position will involve a variety of complicated tasksand workingunder self-direction.A wide degree of creativity and resourcefulness is expected.The right candidate should be a strong team player, enjoys coding for fun and demonstrating ideas.
Due to the nature of our organization, we work in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important; we emphasize the creation and self-maintenance of our documentation, so clarity in the candidate's ability to express ideas and concepts is required. Ability to collaborate with team members across different time zones.
- Drivethe development lifecycle with a focus on developing new features and functionalitiesfor enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces and data.
- Design and build highly scalable API's that are being continuously deployed and updated through an automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
- Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
- Driveregular peer design and code reviews.
- Contributeto coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Write, test, and refactor code that is reusable, testable, efficient, well architected, and well commented.
- Contributeto planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
- Leadspeers on designs, code reviews, and testing in agile environment.
- Mentorteam members.
- Able to leveragesubject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve complexproblems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 5or more years of experienceusing Groovy, Java, Scala or another JVMlanguage.
- RDBMS such as: Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle
- Comprehensiveexperiencebuilding web userinterfaces
- Extensive experiencewith web service development
- Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Source control repository such as GIT
- Testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Cloud tools, services and development (AWS and Azure)
- Spring Boot
- Continuous integration environment and tools
- Continuous Delivery
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage SMS Text/Voice Messaging allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. This process may also require audio and/or video capabilities at various times throughout the interview and selection process.
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period.
Necessary equipment and devices are provided however, associates must have a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m, and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and well-being during the hiring process.
Scheduled Weekly Hours