Senior Project Manager- Market Strategy Team
- Flexible / Remote
The Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Humana is seeking a Senior Project Manager to align to our mission of inspiring health for our members.
The Senior Project Manager designs, communicates, and implements an operational plan for completing different projects; monitors progress and performance against the project plans; takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays. The Senior Project Manager will work with Stakeholders, Leadership and internal Humana teams to initially focus on Humana's Acadiana Health initiative in the southeast Louisiana market. At the wrap of the initial project, the Senior Project Manager will begin working on various projects on national scope being led by the Market Strategy te. Identifies, develops, and gathers the resources to complete the projects. Prepares designs and work specifications; develops project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors. Communicates with other operational areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the projects. Conducts meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the projects. Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of project and/or initiative management experience
- Experience managing medium to large scale projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage stakeholders and hold them accountable for deliverables
- Ability to facilitate meetings with multiple participants of varying levels capturing relevant information
- Comfortable working on new projects with limited knowledge/expertise of the content and be able to learn quickly in order to effectively manage the implementation
- Proficiency in communicating effectively with project stakeholders up to and including senior level leadership
- Regular use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and Visio
Nice to Have
- PMP Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top