Senior Product Manager, Commercial Products
- Flexible / Remote
The Senior Product Manager, Commercial Product supports development, delivery, and management of the pre-retiree product portfolio on behalf of both the Employer and Group Medicare businesses. By participating in and helping to lead a cross-functional team, this role leads collaborators through complex initiatives with the goal of deploying coverage solutions for retirees who are not yet Medicare eligible. Given the wide variety of stakeholders with a vested interested in the deployment process and outcomes, it is critical that this leader provides a clear vision and keeps matrixed teams focused on the business objectives.
This dynamic role balances both strategic and tactical responsibilities, including:
- Support product leadership and their partnership with sales and our local markets to drive an optimized and competitive medical portfolio
- Influence the vision for the deliverables of a Product or initiative
- Contribute to the definition of Product strategies and Product-related initiatives; work with leadership to validate the strategies with business partners
- Support all phases of the product life cycle including inception, development, introduction to the marketplace, and performance monitoring
- Provide direction to cross functional teams, maintaining clear lines of communication across teams including across sales, marketing, clinical, and operations.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations and objectives related to product or initiative deployment
- Identify and manage risks, escalating as appropriate
- Communicate regularly with manager regarding business impacts, milestone progress, risks, and outcomes
- Lead sustained innovation via test and learn using customer and business partner feedback. (All commercial Product leaders are expected to champion end-to-end thinking driven by customer needs and iterative development.)
Key objectives for the Senior Product Manager:
1. Support Retail business growth by leveraging existing commercial product capabilities to deliver commercial retiree solutions.
2. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the enterprise.
3. Monitor alignment of all business partnerships throughout the lifecycle of a 4. Product or initiative Collaborate with business partners and recommend opportunities to close strategic and operational gaps.
5. Facilitate the measurement of success metrics.
6. Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry changes and innovations
Note that Success outcomes for the role are measured at a segment scorecard level, supporting overall growth and sales goals, member engagement, and NPS, alongside our ability to differentiate our core health plan offerings
The Senior Product Manager will demonstrate the competencies that included facilitating change and culture, independent judgement, and personal accountability.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of Product management experience
- 2+ years of experience with commercial Product, commercial Sales, or commercial Network (Understanding network design, benefit design, product compliance, and pricing/trend levers will be key to the Senior Product Manager's success.)
- Prior demonstrated experience with process design, improvement, and implementation
- Deep understanding of needs for delivering an optimal consumer experience with products and services
- Prior project, process or product management experience in a fast paced insurance or health care setting
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Proven analytical skills, spreadsheet modeling and database development
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, and Visio
- Demonstrated experience with building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Master's Degree
- Familiarity with Senior Products
- Knowledge of Humana's internal policies, procedures and systems, and sales/customer implementation processes for both Commercial and Retail segments
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top