Senior Infrastructure Architect Cloud (Work at Home / Remote )
- Louisville, KY
The Senior Infrastructure Architect designs and develops IT infrastructure architecture solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Infrastructure Architect work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Infrastructure Architect performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new IT infrastructure products and service offerings. Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Oversee the administration of Humana's enterprise server and virtualization infrastructures, performing upgrades when necessary, monitoring system performance and completing capacity planning
- Guide all aspects of core server and virtual infrastructures
- Support Azure Server migrations
- Azure IaaS standards and directions
- Azure access standards
- Azure automation
- Azure Server builds
- Develop documentation for cloud migrations
- Create and maintain team standards and strategy for special projects involving server and virtual technologies
- Develop and manage configuration management processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with Windows system administration, integration, or development
- Technical knowledge and experience with a large Windows environment
- Technical knowledge and experience with a large VMware and/or Microsoft virtual environments
- Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP Networking
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory
- Working Knowledge of Cloud architecture
- Working knowledge on how different storage technologies work (Fiber SAN Storage and Network Attached Storage)
- Experience working with HP and Cisco UCS servers and blade solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures, e.g. cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, clustering, and high availability.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to lead meetings, manage projects, meet deadlines, and implement complex projects that require many areas to be involved.
- Excellent communication skills are a must in order to work with other IT areas, Business areas, peers and leadership.
- Microsoft Certificates, VMware VCP, or ITIL certifications are a plus
- Any Cloud professional/expert or associate level certification (Azure Cloud preferred)
- Scripting - PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top