Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- Louisville, KY
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer uses state of the art data analytics and visualization techniques to support strategy development and enhance business operations.
The Stars program is the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) five-star quality rating systemformeasuringMedicare beneficiaries' experience with their health plans and the health care system. The program is a key component in financing health care benefits for MA and MA-PD plan enrollees. In addition, the ratings are posted on the CMS consumer website to help beneficiaries choose among the plans offered in their area. Quality metrics include screenings and vaccines, managing chronic conditions, member experience with the health plan, member complaints, and customer service. In 2018, Humana achieved 92% of members in 4+ Star plans. This measure of quality of Humana's Medicare plans directly impacts our members' health.
Stars Analytics uses data science, public health, business intelligence and Stars expertise to solve meaningful problems for Stars business partners. Our analytics drive Humana's Stars performance and improve the health and life of our members by transforming data into advanced analytic solutions.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer develops tools, technologies and applications used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present Stars-related data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Dashboards and reports are developed to provide a new level of understanding, influence and track execution of the department's strategy focused on improving the quality of care our members receive. The Senior BI Engineer decides on the technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction with a considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Main responsibilities primarily involve the following:
- Work collaboratively across the team and organization to design, build and maintain analytical solutions to support Stars initiatives
- Work collaboratively with teammates to optimally apply data warehouse, cloud and BI architecture, and visualization techniques
- Identify and understand business problems to help the team design the right solution
- Lead healthcare analytics visualization projects
- Coordinate the integration of data to determine Stars trends and impacts
- Communicate insights and analytical findings to a broad range of audiences
- Ensure solutions provide the highest quality of data on a daily basis
- Contribute to moving the team towards cloud-based analytical platforms
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years of data analytics experience OR Master's degree and 3 or more years of experience
- 2 or more years of automating, simplifying business processes and/or streamlining workflows using Python
- Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Proficiency in understanding healthcare related data
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced in Python programming
- Advanced in SQL Server and other data systems
- Advanced with Power BI for creating data visualizations
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top