RN Care Coach - PIPC - Houston/Humble/Conroe
- Houston, TX
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care, a division of Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Partners in Primary Care, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Care Coach assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Coach employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care planning. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Active RN license in the state of employment (without restrictions), and ability to obtain other state RN License/s as needed
- 2 or more years of relevant experience within chronic disease management
- Experience working with thegeriatric population
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Detail oriented and adaptablein a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have valid Drivers license
- Strong emotional intelligence , self motivator and communication skills to work with all levels of the community
- Strong team player with the ability to evolve patient awareness
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish without limitations to read, write and speak in both languages
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Case Management Certification (CCM)
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experienced with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
- Experience with Cardiac and pulmonary patients
- Experience with Home Health and/or Hospice
- Knowledge/Experience with HEDIS
- Experience within acute inpatient care
Please note that this requisition is a pipeline for our RN Care Coach opportunity.We appreciate your application and will review your information as openings become available in this space. NewLocations may vary between: Houston's Sunnyside, Tidwell, Hiram Clarke,Humble, and Conroe,TX.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top