Quality Process Improvement Professional
- Boston, MA
Quality Improvement Professional researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity and reduced cost. Determines how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Humana Edge: Who We Are
Imagine using your workday to make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Envision working in an environment where you are not only encouraged to create a positive change but also given the tools to make that change happen.
Welcome to Humana Edge! Our mission is to transform the experience that we provide for seniors - working to meet their social, emotional, and medical needs. As an Edge associate you will guide members through their healthcare journey, ensuring they receive the guidance and support they need so they can focus on fulfilling their life's ambitions and goals. At the Edge, whole person health is about discovery, connections, and community.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the technology-enabled services we will build together to deliver on our shared vision. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about transforming our care system for those who need it most
- Driven to do well by doing what's right
- Willing to thoughtfully disrupt the status-quo and excited to work in a rapidly evolving start-up environment
As a Quality Improvement Professional, you would perform the following tasks:
- Create process documentation/workflows, knowledge articles and self-service guidance
- Collect and document of business requirements for project and process improvement
- Facilitate process workflow modeling in order to collaborate on process improvements, automation capabilities and clearly defined end-to-end use cases
- Creates and maintains technical writing standards.
- Writes, modifies/changes controlled documents.
- Writes, reviews, and maintains department standard operating procedures.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to materials prepared by other writers or personnel.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of documentation with a focus on internal help guides and support systems
- Create Visio flow diagrams
- Create workflows
- Assist with other duties as needed
Location: Boston, MA or Louisville, KY - this position will WAH until the time Humana is able to return to normal office working conditions.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Healthcare writing experience with processes/policies/procedures
- Experience mapping processes using Visio or similar tools
- Microsoft Office/Suite proficient (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Background in process improvement, quality assurance positions
- Industry experience preferred in following; medical practice, hospital & healthcare,
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top