Provider Contracting Professional 2 - Sarasota/Charlotte
- Flexible / Remote
How we Value You:
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-being
Location: All throughout the Gulf Coast market (Sarasota, Charlotte) - Florida
The Provider Contracting Professional 2 initiates, negotiates, and executes physician, hospital, and/or other provider contracts and agreements.
The Provider Contracting Professional 2 communicates contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement rates to providers. Analyzes financial impact of contracts and terms. Maintains contracts and documentation within a tracking system. May assist with identifying and recruiting providers based on network composition and needs. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Negotiate and re-negotiate high-volume, transactional-style physician and ancillary contracts.
- Function as the single point-of-contact for all on-going contractual and service issues as needed by providers.
- Facilitate provider education, training them in order to increase their familiarity and satisfaction with Humana's systems and strategies.
- Create trend analyses and summaries for decision-making purposes.
- Interface with market leaders to align contracting needs and business efforts.
- Set targets and priorities in order to meet national and market-specific network needs.
- 2-5 years of experience in provider contracting with both large physician groups and ancillary providers
- Proficiency in analyzing, understanding and communicating financial trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to varied audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Driver's license and vehicle are required
- Ability to travel within the Charlotte/Sarasota County region 50-70% of the time with occasional travel to Ft Myers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with ACO/Risk Contracting
- Working knowledge in the areas of Group Practice Management, Long-Term Acute Care, home health, home infusion, behavioral health, ambulatory surgery, and the outpatient experience
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives-including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you're ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top