PRN Private Pay Home Care RN- White Plains( Westchester County)
- White Plains, NY
SeniorBridge/Humana is seeking passionate, RN for Per diem/On Call Home Care Nursing. Our clinical staff is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in-home care management programs to complex chronically ill patients enrolled in large health plans and managed care programs.
As RN Home Care Nurse you will provide direct care to clients and their families according to the established plan of care. As a RN Home Care Nurse you will provide a multidisciplinary approach to care.
The RN Home Care Nurse position includes the following:
- Conducting assessments to identify problems, eligibility for assistance and need for services
- Ensuring in-home care delivery is in accordance with each client's contractual program requirements and is high quality and complies with company -adopted evidence- based clinical practice guidelines
- Developing a professional care plan from the assessment findings and in collaboration with the clients Physician to ensure the facilitation of the provision of the best possible care
- Thorough and timely documentation of initial and ongoing assessments and outcomes
- Communicate explanation of the care plan and all subsequent cost of all services to client and or families, Attorney or Guardians
- Act as a liaison to families as well as with collateral clinicians, professionals & agencies.
- Effectively communicate with clients, families, Physicians, Attorneys, etc. and all members of the multidisciplinary team all findings, outcomes, plans that relate to the provision of client care
- Work effectively with all departments to ensure the best delivery of service
- Participate in case conferences with other disciplines providing care
- Participate in the on call activities as directed by supervisor
- Observes infection control practices and uses standard precautions
- Participates in quality management/performance improvement activities
- Performs any other duties as requested by the company
- Required participation in on-call rotation as needed
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in NY with no disciplinary action
- CPR Certification
- Good communication skills and knowledge of community resources
- Proficient with Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Valid driver's license, car insurance, and access to an automobile
- This role is a part of Humana's Driver Safety program and therefore requires and individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,00 limits
- For this role, you must participate in our on-call rotation from 5:00PM-8:30 AM EST Monday- Friday; Sat 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. & Sun 8:30 a.m. - Monday 8:30 a.m.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing
- 1 year of Home Care experience
- Private Pay Home Care experience
- Care Management Certification
- Enthusiastic, positive thinker with effective organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience/contacts with community based organization
- One to two years of recent acute care experience including medical surgical experience
Preferred availability:2 evenings during the week and weekend availability.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top