Physician - PIPC of Kansas City Part-time or Full-time
- Kansas City, KS
Primary Care Physician
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care (Partners), we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. At Partners, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) works as a lead in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of doctors, advanced practice professionals, Pharm D, care coach nurses, MAs, behavioral health specialists, quality based coders, referral coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This robust support allows our PCP to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and key source of medical expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of Partners in Primary Care as needed.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
- Current and unrestricted medical license or willing to obtain a medical licenses in state of practice; eligible and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine or American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS) with continued certification throughout employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care" model
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Partner's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
Please note that this requisition is a pipeline for our Physician practice opportunities. We appreciate your application and will review your information as openings become available in this space.Locations may vary between Kansas City, MO, Independence, MO, Raytown, MO, Kanas City, KS, and Olathe, KS depending upon our needs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top