Physician - Partners In Primary Care - Shreveport, LA
- Shreveport, LA
Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Partners in Primary Care (Partners), we want to help people everywhere, including our associates, lead their best lives. At Partners, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Primary Care Physician (PCP)works as a lead in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of doctors,advanced practice professionals, Pharm D, care coach nurses, MAs, behavioralhealth specialists, quality based coders, referral coordinators and more. Our approach allows us to provide anunmatched experience for seniors. Our modelis positionedto provide higher quality careand better outcomes for seniors by providinga concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This robust support allows our PCP to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as anactive participant and key source of medical expertise with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps RegionalMedical Director and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperationin practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes allmedical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined byClinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care,review of outcome data,policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of Partners in Primary Care as needed.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Spend 100% of your time clinically focused on direct patient care, inclusive of patient facing time and general administrative time (charting, meetings, etc.) as it relates to direct patient care.
- Current and unrestricted medical licenseorwilling to obtain a medical licenses instate of practice;eligible and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine preferred with continued certification throughout employment.We recognize ABOM, AOA and ABPS certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care"model
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This roleis consideredpatient facing and is a part ofPartner's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experiencepreferred
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Back to top